Meet the Founder of The Professional RN Network
I am on a mission to eliminate the community-based caregiver crisis by empowering Registered Nurses to practice their profession at the top of their license.
Registered nurses are licensed and trained to help keep people healthy by teaching them how to manage their own health. We do this by evaluating people in a holistic way that includes all aspects of their world. Because of this, nursing care compliments medical care perfectly. Check out the page about Concierge Nursing to learn more.
I have a diverse nursing background that spans 25 years. In 1995 I graduated from college with an Associate of Science in Nursing and began my career as a RN at a small community hospital in rural North Carolina. In 1996 I returned to my home state of Indiana. Over the years I have worked in the areas of home health care, medical/surgical acute care, ICU, PCU, emergency medicine, travel nursing, occupational medicine, multiple community-based nursing roles, administration, and nursing education. In 2015 I went back to school to pursue a graduate degree in nursing. I earned my Masters of Science in Nursing degree, with a focus in nursing education, from Western Governors’ University in 2017.
My passion is education. I love to help clients learn to take charge of their health. I also love to teach nursing students how to become the best nurse they can be. Currently, I have the opportunity to help guide the next generation of nurses through my work as an adjunct clinical instructor for Ivy Tech Community College in Bloomington Indiana.
I focus on care for adults and seniors in Owen County Indiana and surrounding communities. I live in rural Owen County so I am very familiar with our community.
Services & Fees
I do not accept insurance; all services are private-pay. I provide fee-for-service flat rates, hourly rates, and pre-paid monthly subscription packages that you can pay for with cash, check, or by credit card. At your free evaluation visit, we will discuss the cost of the care you want. If the care you want exceeds your budget, I will work with you to find a solution. My priority is helping you stay safe and maintain good health at home.
- Free Evaluation Visit
- Individualized care is important. I will meet with you one-on-one to discuss your needs and health goals – for free. If the fit is right, we will develop a plan of care, together, designed specifically for you.
- Home Visits
- Disease and illness management & education
- Post-procedure self-care & ‘tuck in’ services.
- Caregiver Respite
- Do you need a day – or a few hours – away? I will care for your loved one in their home while you take a little ‘you’ time with peace of mind knowing your loved one is in the care of a professional RN. Caregiver respite is vital to keeping you and your loved one safe and independently living at home.
- Doctors’ Visit Support
- Helping you understand the medical jargon, translating the doctor’s orders into usable information, helping family understand what the doctor told you when they can’t be there with you. I can even help transport you to the appointment if you need it.
- Client & Family Advocacy
- When you need help navigating the healthcare system, I am here. I can help you know what to ask at an appointment or where to get the help you need in the community.
- Home Safety Evaluations
- If remaining at home and living independently is vital to you, I can help you do so safely. Get an evaluation of your home and suggestions for ways to keep yourself and your family safe and continue to live comfortably in your own home for longer.
- Dementia Education & Care Partner Support
- Dementia is challenging for the person living with the disease and the care partner’s who support them. I am an Alzheimer’s Foundation Excellence in Care Specialist with a wealth of resources to help you along your journey.
- CPR & AED Courses
- I teach American Heart Association CPR/AED/First Aid & Blood borne Pathogen courses for medical, industry, families, and communities.
- TeleNursing Services
- Would you like to receive nursing care at a lower cost? TeleNursing might be right for you. Although this option isn’t right for all care that you might need, for some care it might be just what the Nurse ordered!
- Safe and Sound program
- Peace of mind is a visit away. My Safe and Sound program includes visits at a frequency that you determine is right for you. Don’t wait for an unfortunate event to happen that puts you in the hospital; take charge of your health and stay Safe and Sound in your own home!